Mr. Milford is actively involved in the training of ENT doctors and is an assigned educational supervisor in the Oxford deanery.
- He is a member of the Oxford Surgical Training Committee (organizing postgraduate training in ENT in the Oxford deanery)
- In the past he has been a member of the School of Surgery in both Oxford and Wessex.
- He has been an examiner for the ENT exit exam (the exam taken at the end of training) for British trainees (the intercollegiate FRCS)
- He is a founder and examiner for the exit exam for European ENT trainees (the European Board Exam in Otorhinolaryngology)
- He has also edited a surgical textbook for ENT trainees (Operative Otolaryngology. Blackwell Science Ltd.1997. Edited by N.Bleach, CA Milford, A Van Hasselt)
- He provides regular updates for GP’s on ENT related topics and has written a book on this subject with a local GP as co-author (Shared Care in ENT. Isis Medical Media.1999. CA Milford, A.Rowlands).
- He has undertaken teaching trips to Africa for ENT surgeons in Uganda and Tanzania as part of a wider programme organized through the charity, The International Health Consortium.